Perhaps I wasn't clear: I was proposing the timezone property as purely
informative for the locale methods. The Date constructor used to revive the
IDB value will dictate the date's timezone, so no, the cloned date wouldn't
carry its timezone with it. However, in my proposed world it would be
possible to create a Date subclass that will serialize a date with its
timezone tag and revive it always frozen to that timezone. This kind of
serialization couldn't be stored directly as a Date in IDB, but that's not
much of a limitation. Same goes for JSON, which doesn't even have a native
Date so you need a custom cons anyway.