From: Tab Atkins Jr. [mailto:jackalm...@gmail.com]

> I do somewhat resent the implication that I invented something wholly new
> without drawing on any existing APIs.  I looked at the syntaxes of several
> similar APIs in other languages while designing this, and took lessons from
> them.

In that case I certainly apologize for my ignorance; I guess I'd never seen
those existing APIs and thus, foolishly, assumed they were just your invention.
Sorry about that.

It would probably be helpful to all involved to get pointers to these APIs,
since for a task like this we'll need as much inspiration as possible.
Currently Dart's streams and Node.js streams are what we are mostly looking at,
so more sources are definitely welcome, especially if they have novel ideas
like this but proven in the field of other languages.