Off Topic: it's really funny that it took 10 years to teach people how
inheritance works in JS and today there's some legacy that instead of
constructors uses their objects or just objects as prototype so that
{__proto__:whatever} is considered a used pattern.

If the most common case is {__proto__:null} though, I would not spend time
explaining an exception in the syntax instead of keep promoting
Object.create(null); which is the way to go (it was at ES5 time at least)

Regards