Hi Mark,

I'm the author of IMVU's task system, which is very similar to what Bruno
describes except with Python Futures and Python generators.  Python
provides stack traces as a linked list of activation records from the
thrower to the catcher.  On the other hand, Error().stack in most
JavaScript implementations returns a complete stack trace all the way up to
the main event loop.  Python's linked list stack traces allows stitching
them together so that if async generator A yields to async generator B, and
B throws, both A and B can be made to appear in the stack together.
 Finally, and this is key, Python attaches stack traces to the act of
_throwing_ and not to the exception object itself.

I'm not familiar with the security or encapsulation issues with
Error().stack (is it that bad if Chrome and Firefox appear to support the
.stack property?), but I would like to express my support for being able to
stitch together stack traces on the open web so that if something goes
wrong developers have a shot at diagnosing what happened.  Native
application developers have dozens of fantastic options for phone-home
crash reporting, but on the web the best you can hope for is that your
customer's browser supports Error#stack and window.onerror provides the
thrown exception.

Thanks,
Chad

p.s. E was hugely influential in my thinking about concurrency and led me
to build the task system at IMVU in the first place, so thanks!

Chad Austin
Technical Director, IMVU
http://www.imvu.com/members/Chad/