Le 05/08/2013 17:08, Brendan Eich a écrit :
Michael Ficarra wrote:
specified that the global object's prototype chain must include Object.prototype. I am sure there's plenty of code that depends on that.
Concern shared.

Yes, that's required.
Would it make sense to leave ECMAScript spec intact (global's [[Prototype]] is implementation-dependent), but have WebIDL put requirements on the prototype chain? That would allow non-web contexts to have null as [[Prototype]]; and some people seem to want to do that [1].

I imagine that code that requires the global object to inherit from Object.prototype is code doing "window.hasOwnProperty('whatever')" which is only needed for web compat and isn't really given modern JavaScript practices.

David

[1] https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/test262-discuss/2013-July/000229.html