On 10/28/13 7:43 PM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
  Our current implementation returns vanilla JS arrays, but returns a
new one every get, which is pretty suboptimal.  So we were considering
changing them to some ArrayClass interface and thinking about what
issues that might cause for callers...

To be clear, we _could_ just change this particular API (Gamepad) to returning a plain-vanilla JS array and the same one every time and allow the caller to write to it; it's not like the API implementation ever _reads_ this array, so there aren't even safety issues here. That still seems like it makes it really easy for a caller to accidentally modify the array and cause another caller to see incorrect data here, which smells quite fishy to me.

-Boris