If anecdotal sharing is valuable... As a JS web developer, I'd say so. I use isNaN weekly, and have never once had to distinguish +/-0. It may be useful in some very limited cases, but for me Object.is would be much more valuable without it. Having the distinction means that in most cases I won't be able to use Object.is because I want +0 to equal -0. On 23/12/2013 8:39 AM, "Axel Rauschmayer" <[email protected]> wrote:
> We talked about this at the last last TC39 meeting. I joked about adding > Object.isz, or (in honor of @izs) Object.izs. > > > ;-) > > But we didn't add anything. You can write it yourself, of course (just > modify the Object.is polyfill). > > > My question … is: Wouldn’t `Object.is()` be more useful if it didn’t > distinguish +0 and -0? > > -- > Dr. Axel Rauschmayer > [email protected] > > home: rauschma.de > twitter: twitter.com/rauschma > blog: 2ality.com > > > > > _______________________________________________ > es-discuss mailing list > [email protected] > https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss > >
_______________________________________________ es-discuss mailing list [email protected] https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss

