On Fri Feb 14 2014 at 2:20:07 PM, C. Scott Ananian <ecmascr...@cscott.net>
wrote:

> Thanks. I was missing the relationship between System and Loader somehow.
>
> So System.import is intended to be exactly the same as the import keyword
> (except promise-returning).

There is a big difference here. The syntax for import normalizes the name
and then resolves the name relative to the current module. System.import
only takes an already normalized name relative to the baseURL. So, you need
to do the normalization and resolviong manually first. There was a proposal
to have import do the normalizing and also take an optional referrerName.
I'm afraid I don't remember what the outcome of that was.

> That's good!  Is there a way to do without the export keyword as well
> (I've heard rumors of "anonymous exports" but haven't named to track down a
> spec)?

There is a default export. It is just syntactic sugar over exporting and
importing something with the name `default`.