On Apr 19, 2014, at 12:17 PM, Brendan Eich wrote:

> Did you check against
> http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=strawman:enumeration which links off
> to this es-discuss thread:
>
> https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/es-discuss/2011-March/012965.html
>
> Sounds good, just asking for a look-back at the big thread and strawman to
> see if there are any missing subtleties others have pointed out in the past.

In a separate message I made a change that addresses 32-bit value non-limits on
index keys.

I fairly arbitrarily separated the string and symbol keys groups.  At the
specific implementation level this might complicate (or possibly simplify)
things, but it seems like a useful distinction for consumers of these key
lists.  For example, if you don't care about symbol keys you can stop iterating
over the key array as soon as you encounter a symbol.

If we didn't know that the web has property creation ordering dependencies I
might have specified sorting the string keys (doesn't require recording
property creation order).  However, there is no natural sort order for symbols.