And here I thought you were making an educated argument with your
explanation of the history of propaganda and public relations.  When I
first read "corporate propaganda," I thought you mean the propaganda of JS
developers, not commercial corporations.

Frankly, I find the idea that commercial interests trump corporate identity
hard to fathom.  If that were true, Java would be a very different language
today, and JavaScript would have long fallen into disuse.  "The community,"
very much exists;  it's not a figment of some PR type's imagination.
 Anyone claiming there isn't a sense of corporate identity among JS
developers is fooling themselves.

I'm on the side of TC39, by the way.  I don't believe in democracy in
software.  That's why we have standards organizations.

Joe