> But if modules were said to have a default default export that was an
> object with all the exports that could be overridden then that's different.

I see where you're coming from, and honestly I don't have a better argument
against a default default.  (I actually tried to argue for that once upon a
time.)

In any case, I still think the design is not complete unless you have
*some* way to access the module instance object (even in the case where the
default has been "overridden"), so we still need ModuleImport.