joe wrote:
If we're going to have convenience multiples of PI, they should be a) non-ideological, and b) include more than one (PI/2 comes up a lot in vector math, for example).

Why not have:

Math.PI
Math.DPI //double pi

TAU

Math.HPI //half pi

ETA, conventionally.

Or perhaps we should just let people define their own constants. This does seem a bit silly.

The ideology is silly, or worse.

Don't worry, as a champion (advocate for spec-canonization of a proposal), I will face an advocatus diaboli -- probably many. I'll also make sure to balance the proposal by listing other candidates for Math (erf, gamma, ETA) and sorting by observed frequency of use, importance as built-in vs. self-hosted, etc.

I hope people can hold fire now and let es-discuss focus on better topics. But if you have something related to Math to propose, please start a new thread.