I find the specification of template strings still a bit difficult to
understand:

– The abbreviations TV and CV are used 12.2.9, but defined in 11.8.6.1.

– Tagged templates are explained via EvaluateCall(tagRef, TemplateLiteral,
tailCall). I think it would be easier to understand if it used
GetTemplateCallSite.

– It’d be nice if untagged template strings and tagged templates could be
mentioned closer together. They are basically the same thing and this structure
seems to be dictated by grammar. To me, template strings are more like tagged
templates without a tag. Would it make sense to specify them that way?

Axel

--
Dr. Axel Rauschmayer
a...@rauschma.de