>> – Tagged templates are explained via EvaluateCall(tagRef, TemplateLiteral,
>> tailCall). I think it would be easier to understand if it used
>> GetTemplateCallSite.
>
> Because a Tagged Template is a call. Would it be clearer if there was a note
> that highlighted the fact that the actual TemplateLiteral provides the
> argument list for the call?

Yes. Naively, I’d expect the result of a TemplateLiteral to be a string. But I
previously didn’t understand the difference between static semantics and
runtime semantics. The indirection makes things more difficult to follow, but I
assume it helps with writing the specification (given proxies, generators etc.).

Axel

--
Dr. Axel Rauschmayer
a...@rauschma.de