no, my concern is about having different results between .contains() and
.indexOf() in production code ... the NaN was the most obvious case/example
on how that could go deadly wrong.

if a.contains(v) i = a.indexOf(v); now enjoy inconsistency with what you
were expecting ^_^

Just to clarify, I am not saying .contains() should not exist in first
place, I am saying we should fix bloody indexOf too ... we can easily fix
broken old gotchas and polyfill them on top instead of mixing up methods
used for potentially similar intent but absolutely not replaceable for the
same ... if tomorrow everyone will swap from -1 < a.indexOf() to
a.contains() maybe that's desired but surely not the same thing, and vice
versa when the contained index is needed.

Best Regards