Now I’m confused again. That contradicts what Allen said earlier in this thread:

On 5 Aug 2014, at 16:20, Allen Wirfs-Brock <al...@wirfs-brock.com> wrote:

> Regarding, leading 0 constants in strict mode. The long term plan is to
> eventually make them legal decimal constants.

I stand by my earlier suggestion:

1. Accept decimal integer literals with leading `0`, even in strict mode.
2. Interpret the value of such literals as octal in case they consist of octal
digits only. (Note: this is already in Annex B – see
`LegacyOctalIntegerLiteral`.)

Strict mode would accept `08` as it’s a zero-prefixed decimal literal but not
`07` since that’s an octal literal.

This matches what all browsers already do (except Firefox), and fulfills the
long-term plan Allen was talking about.