On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 3:06 PM, Ian Hickson <i...@hixie.ch> wrote:

> Suppose you have an HTML import foo.html that declares two modules:
>
>    <script type=module id=a> ... </script>
>    <script type=module id=b> ... </script>

As we noted in another thread, Web devs no longer control servers. And
servers no longer allow inline script (for the most part going forward). So
I don't see this feature as worth investing effort in. (I don't like it
either, but it is what it is).

> How should they refer to each other? For example, if module id=b wants to
> import module id=a? I suppose the logical way is like this:
>
>    import "#a";

import './a';

> Now, in the main page, you reference the HTML import:
>
>    <link rel=import href="foo.html">
>
> Now how would you refer to the modules? We can't have #b refer to it,
> since the scope of IDs is per-document, and the import has a separate
> document.

Separate document implies separate JS global: each needs its own Loader. So
the rest of the questions aren't needed.