> On Sep 10, 2014, at 12:23, Matthew Robb <matthewwr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 12:20 PM, Anne van Kesteren <ann...@annevk.nl> wrote:
>>
>> (I think text/javascript is just fine btw. text/* works great for HTML
>> and CSS too. In any event, for the purposes of the browser JavaScript
>> does not really have a MIME type. We parse anything we get...)
> ​The problem is that there are now two distinctly different types of
> javascript file, some should be parsed as script and some should be parsed as
> module. Assuming

This is just another part of the modules system that really makes no sense when
you step back from it. We are really, like REALLY, going to make people decide
of they're writing a "script" or a "module" (both being just javascript, with
just some semantic  concept being different) and we are going to load and name
them separately?

In what other languages has this been a good idea?

Why the semantic difference between a "module" of javascript and a "script" of
javascript.