On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 4:58 AM, Brendan Eich <bren...@mozilla.org> wrote:

> Allen Wirfs-Brock wrote:
>
>> Arguably a design bug, rather than a spec. bug.  But I'm assuming that
>> who ever originally wrote up these algorithms were being intentional about
>> such things.
>>

> Design, vs. accidental. Spec, vs. implementation. Potato, Potahtoe :-P.
>
> I think we should fix 'em as we find them, if implementations do not agree
> (and they don't usefully agree here).

For what it's worth, given that there exists one implementation (IE 11)
that gets this right per spec, I'm more inclined as an implementor to match
that than to try to get the spec changed here. I think Allen and Domenic
answered my question about why this isn't a precondition when they pointed
out that ToLength() is now greater than the max array length.

- Adam