Jeremy Martin wrote:
In all the discussions I've observed, the primary argument for enumerability has been consistency with ES5 prototype conventions. I don't think I've seen a single argument in favor, though, based on the actual intrinsic merits of that behaviour.

Right, hence my tweet about "A foolish consistency". And the other tweet against the argument-from-it's-always-been-that-way(-in-ES3-level-JS) fallacy.

Even if you grant that enumerability is unreformable, we have to pick a "better consistency".

It seems to me that DOM quirky enumerability of prototype methods, and legacy ES3-ish enumerability of user-defined methods, do not sum up to "better'.

I tweeted several times that the legacy ES3 and below resulting in enumerability for theprototypal-pattern's class prototype methods is a bug not a feature.

On the DOM quirks point, built-in classes and self-hosting of built-ins trump DOM quirks any day. Boris may have a census that argues against my weighting, though.

Hence my support for a last-minute fix.