> The spec is no longer called ES6. The marketing hasn’t really begun to
> educate the community about this yet, but the spec is called ES 2015.

OK, good to know. Does it make sense to normally refer to it as “JavaScript
2015”, then?

> As for your concern about 2015 seeming old in 2016: **good**. In 2016, we’ll
> be publishing ES 2016, and ES 2015 will be missing a lot* of stuff that ES
> 2016 has!
>
> * hopefully.

Even ignoring books, I don’t share that attitude: for programming languages, a
slower pace is good. It took people a long time to get used to ES5 and ES 2015
will have many more new features. It will take time to:

* Completely implement ES 2015
* Write proper material
* Educate people
* Establish modules (I’m seeing browser APIs based on promises, but none that
are based on modules)

Axel

--
Dr. Axel Rauschmayer