Thank you everyone for your input and explanation, I really appreciate it!

I just wanted to say that I understand that those notes are not normative, however, I also think they are tremendously helpful for understanding more "complex" parts of the spec. I think they can be a gateway until one is more familiar with reading the spec.

In my particular case, the normative part was quite clear, however having the note in mind, I thought I might be overlooking something somewhere.

Thank you again for the clarification and the hard work that goes into creating this spec!