It'll be great to have some more insight on this.

To my knowledge when using ES6 modules as currently specified there's no way
to introduce more than one module with one file.
So technically, the only way to use them natively in browsers, would be to
serve them separately.
This raises the question. Is there any mean in sight, that will allow us to
serve them as fast as we can serve hundreds of bundled and minimized CJS
modules now?

Because if not, then landscape looks troubling. As it means that to have
same performance, we will need to transpile ES6 modules for browser into
something else, even though browsers may support them natively.