> On Monday, June 1, 2015, Tom Van Cutsem <tomvc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Or since Proxy traps correspond 1-to-1 to the "internal methods" in the
>> spec, the primary goal of the Reflect API was to expose the essential
>> methods that make up Javascript's object model as defined by the spec.
>>

> I like this definition. Is it written down? (I need ammunition for
> Reflect.type(x)!)

There's some rationale on the original wiki page for the reflect API: <
http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=harmony:reflect_api#purpose>.

We also had a related short debate on this list 3 months ago, see <
https://esdiscuss.org/topic/reflect-getownpropertysymbols#content-0>, in
particular, Allen's comment: "In ES6, the primary role of the Reflect
object is to provide direct access to an object's essential internal
methods".

Regards,
Tom