From: Jason Orendorff [mailto:jason.orendo...@gmail.com]

> HostResolveImportedModule is widely implemented by compilers, though
> not by browsers. People are writing, using, and sharing ES6 modules today.

So what is your proposal then? Just standardize the node module resolution
algorithm, since that is what transpilers are doing?

> It is working, and the people using it have a need for the dynamic API to go
> along with the static syntax, for reasons I pointed out in the initial post.

It is not working outside of transpilers, which implement nonstandard
resolution algorithms. The same transpilers implement JSX, but I don't think
we'd take that as a reason to say that JSX is "working" and now let's start
discussing how to standardize a reflective JSX layer.