> First of all, ECMAScript requires an environment, which may or may not be a
> browser. So it might not necessarily make sense to assume "web pages" or
> browsers in the first place.
wrong. all proposals eventually end up creeping into “web pages” or browsers,
either by adventurous coders or frameworks that lack clear boundary separation
between client / server code.

> is "load time" equivalent
> to "parse time"? Is it "compile time"? Is it both?
both parse-time and [first-run] compile-time.  the intent is to vet most
language-changing proposals for their impact on initial webpage “freeze" due to
increased parse-time and compile-time complexity.

> Could you state your question more precisely, please?
hypothetically, can an enterprising individual provide a graph of 1)
combined-time to parse-and-compile jquery vs 2) browser-version-history for
desktop chrome and firefox since 2015?

> Anything else [compile-time] is mostly implementation-
> specific and thus varies from engine to engine.
yes, relevant proposals should consider the implementation-specific
compile-time of engines as an added precaution against breaking the web.