I also vote against this. A further problem could be duplication of field names in large objects. Imagine there is a field2.field3.field4.field5 in the beginning of your object and then another one 100 lines below. Using the currently well defined way to define nested objects at least groups fields which belong to an object.

var obj = {
    field1: "val" ,
    field2.field3: 3,
    //hundrets of lines
    field2.field3: true
};

Also it is much shorter, not to repeat the field names each time:

var obj = {
    field1: "val" ,
    field2:{
      field3: 3,