Previous discussion:

I argued there for using Github issues in the TC39 account and covered every
concern brought up. I'll point out it's trivial to use github's API to convert
all of the mailing list into individual issues.

Also I've noticed people don't know how mailing lists work. (This should be
obvious glancing at any topic brought up). I regularly still get people sending
me emails and they don't CC things correctly. If I would hazard a guess there
has been hundreds of lost comments from people replying to the mailing list
wrong.

That said TC39 would have to decide on this among themselves and they seem
indifferent. There's also a common theme among mailing list communities that it
keeps the low-effort comments out compared to Github, Discourse, and numerous
other platforms.

If it wasn't for esdiscuss.org to view these mailing list I'm not sure I'd even
follow these discussions myself. I find it hilarious that using google and
searching site:esdiscuss.org is the easiest way to find old threads though. No
wonder this thread was made. OP probably couldn't find all the old discussions.