I can see that's certainly something that can be gotten wrong; the in-place
sort is kind-of nice; but you end up hitting most numbers twice, and with a
longer array (say a set of 75 bingo balls) you can move the same number
multiple times.

which gives numbers at the end a higher chance of being at the start when
all is done; and almost guaranteed to not be at the end.  I use sha2 as a
stream of bits; and when it runs out of bits, invokes a callback to get
more salt ( that is optional, although adding Date.now() is sufficient to
increase the overall entropy slightly  ).   This can also be used as a
generator procedural content generation, since you can specify the initial
salt and subsequent salts,  or even copy the state, and fork two streams
using slightly different progressive entropy.
https://github.com/d3x0r/-/blob/master/org.d3x0r.common/
salty_random_generator.js

And then to shuffle, for each number in the array, assign a random number;
hang in a binary tree from least to most; then gather the tree back out.
requires additional memory approximately the 4xsize of the original array
tough temporarily.  (don't seem to have a JS version, but the C version
ports pretty easily)
https://github.com/d3x0r/SACK/blob/master/src/utils/cardodds/shuffle.c

This allows any number to result in any position equally.
The SHA2 hash generates very good random number characteristics; evaluating
with diehard tests; chi-square etc.
Allowing more salt to be introduced periodically destroys any overall
period (even if it is in the realm of 256 bits).

if you were shuffling a deck of cards (52) you only need random values that
are 6-7 bits at a time...

It is slower than say http://www.pcg-random.org/using-pcg.html or mersenne,
both of which I found to be very poor.  pcg generates zeros like 70% of the
time.

While a good shuffle should be able to start from the initial state and
generate a good shuffled result, it is slightly better to progressively
shuffle the previous result array into new positions than to start from an
initial state and compute a 1-off.