I've written up a new draft proposal based on my own work with ES5 & ES6
compatible classes with fields. That can be found [here](
https://github.com/rdking/proposal-object-members). I'm already aware of
the class-members proposal, but I think it breaks far to many things and
doesn't do anything to maintain the notion that "`class` is just syntactic
sugar".

This proposal is specifically based on the code [here](
https://github.com/rdking/Class.js/tree/master/es6c). I've also got a [
repl.it](https://repl.it/@arkain/Classjs-Compact-Syntax-ES6) that shows the
same code running.

The idea behind the proposal is that instead of injecting a lot of new
logic into how `class` works, let's allow `class` to remain syntactic
sugar, and put that extra ability into object declarations instead. Then
simply allow `class` to do the same with it's own prototypes.