Granted about `super()`. That's the one thing I can't easily reproduce.
However, barring those internal slots, I can reproduce the functionality of
`super` and the checks performed as a result of the internal slots, all in
ES6. As for built-ins, I can easily and properly extend builtins without
`class` since ES6 officially has `Object.setPrototypeOf()`. If you don't
think it's possible, you should take a close look at what I'm doing in the
repl.it link from my first post.

As for whether or not the sugary nature of `class` is a good thing, it
really is a matter of opinion. I just happen to be of the persuasion that
since there's literally no construct that `class` can produce that I cannot
reproduce by other means, then that means the `class` keyword (even in
light of `super`) is little more than syntactic sugar. As such, we
shouldn't be so hasty to turn an Object Oriented Prototype Based language
into an Object Oriented Class Based language. The only way to do that
reasonably is to ensure that whatever you can construct with `class` can
always be equivalently constructed without it.

Here's a more logical argument instead. Even if there are subtle
differences between `class` constructors and object factory functions,
providing an isolated path specific to `class` is likely to lead to
situations very similar to what happens when an open source package gets
forked. Eventually, the difference between the two paths may become so
great that one is eventually abandoned (by developers) in favor of the
other. This is only a valid argument because the power of ES is in it's
simplicity. It's like building a house with wood, nails, sheetrock, etc...
(JS) vs. building a house with pre-fabricated parts (class-based languages).

Don't get me wrong. The `class` keyword is a great thing. It simplifies the
production of creating object factories with prototypes. As I understand
it, that was the purpose. Let's not make the mistake of allowing something
to be done with `class` that cannot be reasonably reproduced without it.
The moment we do that, we're diverging from the intended purpose of `class`.