Thanks for the links T.J. I'm glad to see they're going forward with
decorators though I'm a bit confused as to why they'd want to do `@dec
export`. That makes it look like the `export` directive is the target of
the decorator. Weird.

There was something I saw that disturbed me deeply.

> DH: I think this is so zerosum that we can't progress. *I'd rather ship
the worst outcome than not ship.*

I could understand that position if it were a case of providing for
something that cannot be done currently. Then it would be like saying "I'd
rather feed them gruel than see them starve." However, whether it's private
fields or decorators, there are already sufficient means of providing for
these. In this situation, that statement seems to read more like "I know
they ordered electric screwdrivers, but ship these butterknives instead; it
takes too long to get the screwdrivers." While I know in my head that this
can't possibly be the case....