On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 3:47 PM Ranando King
<king...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the links T.J.

Not me, it was 森建. I just supplied the corrected broken link from the
slides.

> ...though I'm a bit confused as to why they'd want to do `@dec export`.
> That makes it look like the `export` directive is the target of the
> decorator. Weird.

On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 4:00 PM Andrea Giammarchi
<andrea.giammar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> FWIW I agree @dec export is a huge nonsense...

I agree with both of you. If the decorator decorates the class, it should
be after `export`, not before. I'm sorry if that means that there is a
bunch of code written with earlier Stage 1- and Stage 2- versions of
decorators that did it the other way, but that's not nearly a good enough
reason (IMHO) to do something so clearly non-intuitive and that breaks
parallel construction. RIght now, you say "If you want to export X, you put
`export` in front of it" (in the simple case). Breaking that for decorated
classes seems like a horrible idea.

TC39 is meeting this week. Here's hoping they come to resolution on this
stuff and, as is usually the case, a good one that makes sense.

-- T.J. Crowder