ES can befit from `nameof` feature the same way as TS. There is no TS
specific in it.
It was ask to introduce in TS as a workaround since TS is considered as
extention of ES.

Case 1. Function guard.
```
function func1(param1, param2, param3, userName, param4, param5) {
   if (userName == undefined) {
       throw new ArgumentNullError(nameof userName); // `ArgumentNullError`
is a custom error, derived from `Error`, composes error message like
"Argument cannot be null: userName".
```

Case 2. Access extended information an object property.
Assume a function
```
function protoPropertyIsSet(message, property) {
    return message != null && message.hasOwnProperty(property);
}
```
Then in code you use it as `if (protoPropertyIsSet(msg,
"expiration_utc_time")) {... }`.
Having `nameof` would allow you to do that `if (protoPropertyIsSet(msg,
nameof msg.expiration_utc_time)) {... }`.
You get more robust code.