As much as I like vim, this seems like more of an argument against using
vim than anything for the language - also it's not "usually" just 1
frontend developer; altho that may be your experience. I often like to say
it's *never* just one - even if it's you, it's also "you in 6 months", and
that person is really annoyed with you.

As an anecdotal data point, my garage startup which had no funding had 3 JS
devs working on our frontend. I would argue it's not very cost effective to
*under*invest in frontend dev, but obviously everyone has different
opinions on that - and it's not relevant to this discussion list.