vim is arguably the best tool for editing large, self-contained, "rollup"
files like bootstrap.css, jquery.datatables.js, highcharts.js, jslint.js,
etc.  it (and emacs) are the few mainstream editors i'm aware of with
search-as-you-type and bookmark-location functionalities, enabling
sub-second traversal of large text-files.

having 1-5 js-devs develop a web-product consisting of a dozen,
self-contained, "rollup" css/js files is generally more cost-effective than
having 20+ js-devs working on a hundred, fragmented css/js files. in the
former there's:
1. less loss of critical-knowledge about file/module-dependencies and
transpiling/tooling-config-settings when team-members leave the project
2. less siloing/loss-of-big-picture, where you end up micromanaging
"general-purpose" code rather than the UX-workflow code
3. reduced painpoint of operational-deployment, since much of the
"webpacking" is already baked

/* off-topic */
also, in the unlikely scenario a product evolves to legitimately require
20+ js-devs, it would have developed custom, in-house tooling/frameworks
along the way.  a logical-step for many companies is to market their
in-house tooling as "general-purpose" tooling for javascript
product-development.  some of these tools do meet the small-scope,
general-purpose needs of typical 1-5 js-dev web-projects (e.g.
twitter-bootstrap), but most are over-scoped and terribly cost-ineffective.