__proto__ breaks abstraction boundaries in the language -- it's just
like function.caller, you get to look at and change objects that your
caller may wish to keep secret from you.  Whether it's actually a
security threat depends on the details of the environment: whether
your caller fits those criteria or not, or whether your run-time
environment has objects whose constructors are not exposed to client
code.

--lars