> Doug Crockford made some statements about TG1 members and motives.

The speculations about motives were made by others on this list, not by me.

In answer to a question from Brent Ashley, I said that the working group was
not in consensus, a fact which would have been apparent to any keen observer at
the San Francisco Ajax Experience when you and I were sitting side-by-side
arguing about the wisdom of the proposal.

I pointed out that ecmascript.org and the write paper are not official ECMA
publications. The working group did not vote on either. I recommended that
everyone read the white paper, and if they liked it, they should say so. And if
they didn't, they should say that too. My intention was to start a debate. My
advice was that people read it before taking sides. I wish more people were
taking that advice. The proposal is not a done deal. It has serious
consequences that should be discussed.