On Nov 14, 2007 2:03 PM, Maciej Stachowiak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Nullability: Are non-nullable types really worth it? I am not sure.
> Does any other explicit type system for a dynamic OO language have
> such a concept? The whitepaper says that "the ability to store null is
> occasionally the source of run-time errors" but will not dynamic-
> checking result in runtime errors anyway when assigning null to a non-
> nullable variable (except in strict mode)?

That was one of the features I most liked. Working in Flex, I have
problems with nullable variables all the time.

> Map: Long overdue to have a real hashtable type.

Yes!
Parameterized types in general are probably my favorite addition. (Now
if only there were some sort of solution comparable to abstract
classes....)

--
T. Michael Keesey
Director of Technology