On 2008-03-07, at 22:43 EST, Brendan Eich wrote:

> The goal is to find the minimum amount of mutating meta-programming
> sharpness for this "make certain properties non-enumerable" tool. If
> it can be done with a one-time namespace qualification step, that
> wins.

A few comments:

I am confused.  I guess I thought everything was in a namespace, just
that there is a default namespace that things with no explicit
namespace are in.  Which makes me wonder how the namespace/not-
enumerable proposal will really work.

I think it is absolutely right that fixtures are not enumerable.  And
a bug that things that would have been fixtures if you had them are
enumerable in es3.  It seems to me that for-in/enumerability are all
about Maps, maybe now that we have Maps (and classes with fixtures),
we don't have to worry about enumerability in Objects so much.

Finally, for debugging, I would want to be able to find all the
properties of an object, non-enumerable and fixtures included.  Will
there be a way to introspect like that?