Hi there,

I have a strange problem connecting two Windows boxes (2000 & XP) with a crossover
cable. I can't even ping the other computer although the network settings are correct
and the hardware is functioning. To track down the problem I installed Ethereal and
found very strange packets as soon as I start capturing the network device on my XP
box. An endless flood of Ethernet packets show up with src and dst are a lot of
different MAC addresses that are not from my XP nor from my Win2000 box. I am not
connected anywhere else, so I wonder where those packets came from. In fact I think
those packets are preventing my 'normal' packets to pass through the cable. I know
this is not a "network problems" mailinglist but maybe one of you, sniffin around with
Ethereal for a while, have any clue about this phenomenon.

thx

        Tom