Cc'ing ethereal-users as you don't want to miss the additional knowhow of
the list.

Bob,

On Sat, Mar 01, 2003 at 08:40:52AM -0800, Bob Lesser wrote:
> Thanks for your suggestion. I tried all 3 echo commands but  neither worked.
>
> "On Linux, you will need to do
>         echo "Mode: rfmon" >/proc/driver/aironet/ethN/Config
>
> if your Aironet card is ethN. To capture traffic from any BSS, do
>
> echo "Mode: y" >/proc/driver/aironet/ethN/Config
>
> and to return to the normal mode, do
>
> echo "Mode: ess" >/proc/driver/aironet/ethN/Config"
>
> Any more ideas?

I hope you only entered the first two, then tried to capture. The third
command turns the first two off again.
Which version of Ethereal and libpcap are on an RH8.0 system?
(rpm -q ethereal libpcap).

  Ciao
    Jörg

--
Joerg Mayer                                          <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
I found out that "pro" means "instead of" (as in proconsul). Now I know