From: Jeff Krasky <jeff.kra...@dspcg.com>
To: etherlab-users <etherlab-users@etherlab.org>; 'Bruno Bittner'
<babbitt...@aol.com>
Sent: Tue, Nov 22, 2011 9:00 am
Subject: RE: [etherlab-users] install on non-PC

Getting closer…

> # I may have run make install as root here?

I ran ‘make install’ as rooton the Linux PC and then I went into BuildRoot and
did ‘make’.  WhenI checked, only the filesystem was rebuilt.  Now when I put
the rebuiltfilesystem on the board, I see this:

# pwd
/
# find . -iname '*ethercat*'
./opt/bin/ethercat
./opt/etc/sysconfig/ethercat
./opt/etc/init.d/ethercat
./opt/lib/libethercat.a
./opt/lib/libethercat.la
# opt/etc/init.d/ethercat start
/etc/sysconfig/ethercat not existing
#

So certainly EtherCAT is now being builtin.  Why are things in the “opt”
directory though?

Thanks,

Jeff