Hi all,

I would like to understand how to use properly the EoE functionality.
If I am not wrong the EtherCAT Master could act as a bridge between an
Ethernet Network (let’s say connected to NIC_1) and the EtherCAT one (let’s
say connected to NIC_2).

My doubt is about the procedure that the Master has to perform.
Basically I don't understand how the Master decides to forward a certain
Ethernet frame to a certain EtherCAT slave.

Example:
1) An application (used for commissioning) running on an external PC wants
to communicate with a certain slave.
2) The application send the Ethernet frame to the NIC_1 of the EtherCAT
Master
3) The Master has to "split" the Ethernet frame into one or more EoE frames
and send them (through NIC_2) to the right slave.

How the Master knows to which slave it has to send the EtherCAT datagrams
containing the EoE fragments?

Reading the code I see that inside the function ec_master_eoe_thread() the
Master runs the EoE state machine of the EoE handler of each slave but I am
a bit in trouble understanding how and why the data are forwarded
properly, as explained previoulsy.

Thanks in advance,
Regards

Luca