On 3 December 2014 22:38, quoth Luca Ma:
> Basically I don't understand how the Master decides to forward a certain
> Ethernet frame
> to a certain EtherCAT slave.
[...]
> How the Master knows to which slave it has to send the EtherCAT datagrams
> containing
> the EoE fragments?

I haven't used EoE myself, but my understanding is that each EoE capable slave
shows up as a separate virtual NIC.  These then need to get IP addresses via
normal OS means (DHCP or static assignment) and then participate in IP routing
just like real NICs.  So packets will be directed to the appropriate slave
depending on the destination IP address.