Från: Graeme Foot <graeme.f...@touchcut.com>
Skickat: den 17 februari 2020 20:31
Till: Joachim Sällvin <joachim.sall...@corpowerocean.com>; Gavin Lambert
<gavin.lamb...@tomra.com>; etherlab-users@etherlab.org
<etherlab-users@etherlab.org>
Ämne: RE: Slave lost forever after power cycling

Hi,

Is it this module here (or similar)?

https://www.nord.com/cms/media/documents/datasheets/TI_275281117_SK_TU4-ECT_EN_4217_screen.pdf

The back of this unit has dip switches:

Second Address (DIP 2..10)

The "Second Address" can be set via this switch and controlled in parameter
P181.

If all DIP switches 2..10 are moved to the "OFF" position, the "Second Address"
can be set via parameter P160.

This means that if you set an alias on this slave via the "ethercat alias"
command it will only remain active until the unit is repowered.  If the dip
switches are set it will apply an alias based on the dip switches.  If the dip
switches are all off it will use the P160 parameter.

Use the dip switches or P160 to set your alias for this unit, not the "ethercat
alias" command.

Regards,

Graeme Foot.