On Thu, Mar 16, 2000 at 11:50:40AM -0800, Carl W. Price wrote:

>Dean Ridgway wrote:
>

>I'll agree with this also.  However I would like to add you probably want
>to avoid Corel Linux.  This is based on an old version of Debian and
>didn't install well.  I tried to get it on a machine and it refused to install,
>I contacted tech support and after an e-mail to ask a question (which was
>responded to within 15 minutes of recieving) I couldn't get them to respond
>again, and the 30 day support elapsed.  I did get it to install on my laptop,
>however
>it did not work nearly as well as Redhat, or look as polished, so I reverted to
>RH 6.0.

I haven't tried Corel, and i know what you mean about install troubles with
older Debian, but the recent version of Debian i'm using now has not been
at all troublesome.  The installation is pretty straightforward, and apt-get
has been k3w1.

Debian does a good job of splitting the difference between "i just want it
to work" and "i want to see what's under the hood".