A question for all the KPPP Gurus (and others)

When I'm using KPPP from anything other than root I first have to enter my root password.  My thought is that I can chown and chmod KPPP like I did with Minicom.  Is that correct or am I missing something?

Second question:  I have looked for KPPP in my files but as of yet haven't found it.  The closest I've come is in /usr/bin/ where there's a link to it.  Assuming my first question is correct, where in the heck is it (or where should it be?)?

Muchas Gracias for any help!

--
In Solidarity,

Nyal R Cammack
Shop Steward/Organizing Committee Member/Auditor/WebMaster
IAM&AW Local Lodge W246  Springfield, OR
http://www.efn.org/~ncammack/w246.htm