If you want a newer laptop for a great price, check out
www.discountpcsales.com and eportables.com

(They have beefy laptops, and previous generation ones.  Ie an amd k6 400
~ 995.).

I just got a sweet super slim p3-750, 320mb, 20gb, dvd, 10/100, 56k,
13.3", 1" thick, 4lbs with battery, and a carrying case for less than
2500.  It has no name, so I didn't pay for one.  I got that off of the
discountpcsales (mtech 20u).  You can get more scaled down versions for
even less.

I talked with the manufacturer of the n20u.  There are two of them:
american sunrex and arm computer (armcomputer.com).  Arm says all of
their laptops are linux compatible.

I just put debian on this laptop.  I haven't configured it yet, so...
I'll probably bring it to the clinic and work on it there.

If you are in the market, even for a previous generation models,
definitely check out those two places.

Cory

On 10/10/00, 8:30:14 PM, Franklin Hays <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
regarding OT: looking for laptop: