On 11 Oct 2000, at 13:36, Stephen A. Brenner wrote:

> My Linux system (SUSE) hard drive is too frequently coming up with
> errors that I need to run fsck on. I'm figuring it has reached the end
> of its useful lifespan. Is there an easy way to put a new drive in,
> copy from one system to the other, remove the old drive and have the
> system up and running with the new drive?

There was a discussion about how to do this on the suse-linux-e
list awhile back.  I don't remember the details-- you might want to
search the archives.

But first, ask yourself, what have all those disk errors fscked up.
Personally, I'd do a new install and move the data over.

Cheers,
Dennis
"Custard pies are a sort of esperanto: a  universal language."
                     --Noel Godin